Thread: Speculation: Who should we draft?
View Single Post
Old
04-29-2013, 09:31 AM
token grinder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing Is New View Post
About a 70% chance the Preds draft 4th or better (http://www.mynhldraft.com/2013-nhl-draft-lottery-odds/). These drafts almost always go the way the scouts say they will. So, Jones, Drouin, McKinnon will be gone. We go Barkov - you can take that to the bank.
not completley. Just rewind to last year when it Anaheim picked Lindholm at 5. And Grigerenko fell from 3rd to 12th. And that Forsberg fella dropped too. Maybe the top 2-3 picks kinda go the way they are supposed to. And honestly after Jones at 1, it would not surprise me which of Mackinnon, drouin, Barkov and the russian kid go in whatever order. What I fear is we get stuck drafting Drouin and not one of the 2 centers.

I fear that, but don't think it is likely though--reason being-Florida has very good young center depth in Huberdeau, Shore, Rocco Grimaldi and Nick Bjugastad with top 3/6 potential. They are very light on the Wing, and can use a Dman to go with Gudbranson, and quinton howden. No excuse not to draft Jones.

Colorado is deep at center-Duchene-stastney-O'Reilly are established and beyond that, Sgarbossa and Joey Hishon are there. Beyong, Landeskog, they have a few top 6 potential options at the wing. Sgarbossa played there some, but even then, their wings are weak. This is where I hope/think Droiun goes.

TB is interesting, as they need wings more than anywhere else organizationally. Stamkos and Lecavlier are there, and VL is getting old which screams a center to groom. but they have Namestankov or however you spell it, who should be ready soon. They have a decent depth at wing and in net. D is a huge need as well organizationally. I wouldn't be surprised to see them either trade down to picks 5-7 and draft the Russian and let someone else draft MacKinnon or Barkov.