View Single Post
Old
04-29-2013, 09:36 AM
WreckItRask

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
My reservation with McQuaid isn't that he hasn't taken big steps since the 2011 season, whatever that means. The issue is that his season has been plagued with injuries and he didnt start the season on the right foot to begin with. He should have waited and it his weight back up first. McQuaid is only effective when he's bruising and all there, this season has been tough for him in that regard and it's very obvious on the ice.

I know Hamilton has his defensive short comings but the team is struggling to score goals, he should dress and IF he looks like he's a bit out of place his minutes can be cut back, but his presence offensively on the blue line is missed, especially on the pp

In the end though, it's not going to make a significant difference and if this team can't beat the leafs this issue with the 6th D will not be the culprit
I've been saying this all along, so I'm glad we're all starting to notice it. Injuries are one thing, but he's literally the same player (and even worse this year) than the first NHL game he played. He hasn't improved even a little bit. I think this year has been an aberration with all the injuries, etc, so I'll say that I'm perfectly fine with him most years as a 6th defenseman. But I'd much rather roll with Hamilton in his spot at this point.

I like Adam McQuaid, but he's a dime a dozen NHLer. There are dozens of guys that can fill the role that he fills.