View Single Post
Old
04-29-2013, 09:45 AM
Jack de la Hoya

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
I think teams will target needs here. Buffalo already has Enroth. I see them going for d .

Colorado
Carolina
Buffalo
Edmonton

Should all be targeting D men. If jones go first, then colorado will get bpa. The teams behind us , winnipeg, blue jackets and phoenix are probably going to all target forwards. That is why i think we can get the same player at 11 at 14. I think we will have to jump buffalo to get the player we want .
Well, I'm not sure teams target needs as much as you seem to imply. Colorado wants Jones--no doubt--but if someone else (besides them and FLA) wins the lottery and they drop to 3, they'll take Mackinnon/Drouin--EDIT: As you suggested (didn't see that the first time)

Honestly, Edmonton may well need a big, shutdown 2C more than a 2/3 defenseman. If they win the lottery, they will take Jones, but if they stay put, I think Monahan is the pick.

Buffalo is a wildcard. They have a young potential #1 in Myers and a nice set of young supporting defenseive prospects (McNabb, Pysyk, etc.), but they also have a fairly impressive set of young forwards and forward prospects.

Carolina, too, could go anywhere. They could easily take Nurse--but I don't think that they reach for Ristolainen if Nurse is somehow gone. I also think Nichushkin makes a ton of sense for them.