View Single Post
Old
09-14-2006, 06:48 AM
Gino 14

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by technophile View Post
Look at what Nbr-17 quoted and linked. (Yes, I know those are Canadian rules and not USAH.) It specifically mentions possession as a requirement. Our league officials have told us the same thing, and I've heard the same thing from other refs in other leagues (in other parts of the US).

Playing the stick of a player who does not have possession is a penalty; your league may be ignoring the USAH standard, but that doesn't make you right.

I don't even like that rule, but that's the way we've been told we have to play, and I hate taking penalties.
One last time, I'm a USAH ref, I've been through the clininc for this year, asked all the questions regarding this and other rules that will be enforced more this year, and that is not the information conveyed to us, either in class, or in the USAH video. If you watch the video linked earlier, you will see for yourself how lifting the stick will be handled. There is no rule change this year that changes lifting the stick. Regardless of what you have been told, it is clearly spelled out in the video how USAH will handle a stick lift.

In case anyone wonders why refs don't feel compelled to explain penalties, this is why. Even with the information spelled out, there is always someone who was told different and it leads to arguements.

Suffice it to say, I will be calling the penalties per the video and clinic, regardless of what some may have heard.

Gino 14 is offline   Reply With Quote