View Single Post
Old
04-29-2013, 10:50 AM
OkimLom

vCash: 500
Starting the year off very nicely. 2 goals 5 assists in first 3 games. Had a solid game last night as I blocked 4 shots one shift, broke a 2 on 1 another shift, and scored a hardworking but nice goal and had a nice assist but the ref called a hooking penalty on my teammate that canceled the goal.

Last night's goal was probably the nicest all around goal I've scored in years. Started behind my net, as I play defense, with two other guys. Kicked the puck(stuck in my feet) off the boards and used the net to separate myself from the two guys. Started to bring the puck out, noticed my team was going for a change with open ice in front of me. So I decided to bring it out and nobody was really challenging me so I brought further into their zone. Cut wide on the defenseman on my forehand, using my body to protect the puck, so I can open the ice up for my center and winger to come from behind me so I can drop it off. Turned out Winger covered my spot on defense with the Center going to the net. Let a wrist shot go caught the small space between goalie helmet and Cross bar. Down and in.

Ref was the only one to see the hole. I really didn't, but I knew the goalie goes down early often, so I knew if I can get the puck up quick and in close, I had a chance. Goalie yelled at his defenseman for letting me take the shot, and the ref came to his defense(no pun intended) and said there was nothing but that shot. Sometimes the shooter just gets a nice shot off. There was only so much he can do as I got a step on him and he couldn't get his stick on the puck.

Team Season Record to date - 3-0-1 (missed first game, the tie, due to other league championship)