View Single Post
Old
04-29-2013, 12:07 PM
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13 View Post
Yeah I would. I don't judge a coach based on one series.

I'm not opposed to the idea of firing a coach if it's the best way to turn a team around, but I just feel like CJ is well-respected in the room and not the biggest issue. Call it confidence or maybe bigger problems, but you're not going to win when 2 of your top scorers (Lucic and Horton) are lousy all-around hockey players in 75% of the games they play. Further, if your team mantra is toughness, how do you expect to be a consistent force when some of your toughest guys either fail to show or stop doing their job (Lucic, Horton, Thornton)?

If this team loses in Round 1 (seems very possible to me, but they're almost certainly done in round 2 if not), they need to make real changes. Firing the coach, IMO, would be glossing over the bigger issues. If you clean out a few lazy guys and instill some new blood and you still don't get anywhere, then go ahead and try a new coach.
Agree with this 100%.

Make some personnel changes, including adding at least one PMD, and if the team still struggles, then Clode gets the boot.