View Single Post
Old
04-29-2013, 11:44 AM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by azaloum90 View Post
Where is this information coming from?
There is a pic of Staal in the Rangers last practice wearing a normal visor and not a tinted visor. He's also in a regular jersey. He's been cleared to play by doctors for weeks now. It's all about how comfortable he is seeing with less than 100% vision. A few weeks ago it was reported he wasn't close. The change from tinted to regular means improvements, at the very least. He's on the right track.

It was widely reported that Dorset would get a CT scan at the end of last week to see if his collar bone had healed. If that's the case and he's wearing a non-contact jersey today, the CT scan must have showed he wasn't ready yet.

As for Boyle and Clowe its all speculation at this point. No one knows. Leg injuries are fickle things. Could be a tweak, could be a tear. The hit on Boyle looked innocent but so did the hit on Russell Westbrook. Could be a wide range of injuries. I've never seen something like a meniscus tear from a hit in the NHL, and ACL injuries are rare (although Frolov will disagree), but then again i'd never think i'd see the day where someone's achilles tendon would be severed on ice.

From what i've read, Clowe's injury (if lower body) happened without contact. Non contact injuries tend to be worse. Tortorella's comments are promising though, imply that the injury is not as serious as can be. Torts has given no such statements on Boyle and furthermore Boyle off the ice for the last 2-3 weeks is not a good sign at all. Again, purely speculation. Can't be certain on either.