View Single Post
Old
04-29-2013, 11:57 AM
ClasslessGuy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
Every year, there's some backlash when the Habs don't draft enough (or any) Q players. The Habs are usually right in not going the homegrown route. This year, however, they would be well served in looking in their back yard as the talent is finally there. I've been fortunate to watch many Q games this year.... I like what I see.

First round

Gauthier or Mantha - both will likely be gone by the time the Habs pick but if, by chance, one of the two slips, either one would be a tremendous first round pick for the Habs.

Second round

Carrier is a bit all over the place in the rankings because of his injury. I'm not sure I'd take him with one of our first two second round picks but definately with our third second round pick.

If Fucale is still there early in the second (unlikely), he would be a great early second round pick for us - he's a tremendous young goalie.

Others that I'd consider with one of our early second round picks are Dauphin, Erne, Zykov and Morin. Morin's a bit of a wild card but I've been impressed with him every time I've seen him. Erne is not my favourite player but I recognize his talent. I'm not 100% sold on Dauphin but would love him with our 3rd pick in the second round if he slips. He was impressive in the finals yesterday.

These players may not be available in the third round so they should be considered for our third second round pick. Emile Poirier has talent and speed. On a bad Gatineau team, he stood out, especially in the second round against Halifax. I'd be OK with Sorensen if he's still there. Two wild cards are Diaby and Duclair. I don't really like either of them. Diaby's skills are poor but he's huge and Duclair is over rated in my opinion. I'd prefer Kostalek, Laplante or even Desrosiers in the third round. All have solid upside.

In later rounds, I'd certainly look at Gregoire and Etchagry, maybe Murphy for Halifax.

There are others. I'm not at all saying the Habs should draft all Q players but, for the first time in a long time, there's lots of talent available - moreso than the OHL for sure.
Zykov won't be available in the second round and you forgot Poirier from gatineau