View Single Post
Old
04-29-2013, 12:04 PM
the overrated
wicked overrated

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13 View Post
If you believe this, and I think I do too, how do you justify keeping multiple players on your team who are the definition of complacent players?

The "Fire the Coach" camp uses a logical reason to fire the coach, but it applies even more so to some key players. Why not try to bring in more professional, consistent players and if that fails, THEN fire the coach?
Agreed. If there are complacent players, those guys should be moved, not the coach. If playing in the NHL, for one of the better teams in the league and with a realistic shot at a Cup, isn't enough to motivate a guy, I don't think a new voice in the locker room is going to work miracles.

Maybe seeing someone that was presumed to be 'safe' traded away would be a wake-up call for the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willy29 View Post
down by a goal or even with 6 minutes left in a must win (for 2nd seed and to avoid PITTS in the second round) and you are playing your fourth line....Cloude must go....play the ***** out of your top two lines and maybe stick the third line in once and a while.
There's been a lot of games in which the 4th line has been the most productive & energetic lines. Overskating a top 6 that haven't been lighting things up lately isn't much better than skating a line that might cause a turnover or at least bury the other team in it's own end.