View Single Post
Old
04-29-2013, 12:17 PM
Schwang

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
I'm not a pro-price. I'm a pro-habs. If you've ever noticed, I always talk about what's best for the team, not for X player. In 2010, we blocked a truck load of pucks, we had an outstanding defensive system and we gave few quality shots. I bet you can count them on your two hands. They had similar defense in front of them, Anderson is good, but he's not .940 good... Maybe they just had the three best goalies in the world ? Because Bishop and Lehner also ''stood on their heads''.

Here goes the problem, you're not looking at it objectively. Price gets the same treatment Roy, Koivu, P.K., Markov got... ''He's not showing result, the team is not winning.''

The team is not winning =/= not showing results.

Anderson has been a starter for three seasons. The rest he was either A)Injured B)Horrible C)5TH string goalie.

Saying things like ''This season'' doesn't make sense. Who had the ''better'' season ? Well I can say Anderson, he played 20ish games, fine. Who has the most talent ? Surely Anderson, right? Who is the best goalie? No seriously? Is it really Anderson ?

Anderson looks like the best goalie on paper because he has outstanding stats (Like Lehner, Bishop, Halak, Rask, Thomas, Crawford, Emery...) but on the ice, I doubt he looks like the better goalie.

Oh and I have no doubt you guys will come out of this saying that Carey didnt play well. I know it will happen, you will blame him for giving 4 goals and not making the timely saves when Alfredsson was alone in the slot or when Bouillon watches Karlsson walk-in on Price, but no one will point to the 4 breakaways he stopped or the three point blank shots he stopped.

That's Montreal, thats what bandwagon fans do, thats what uneducated and emotional fans do.
I have to say i have my reservations about Price this year, but i agree that stats on paper dont make for the better goalie. You have to keep in mind that the Sens went on a good streak and played amazing defence which inflates a goalie's stats. Look at Bishop. Everyone thought he was the next Roy! Why didnt they keep him then? Look at his career and he's been up and down like a yoyo! He just had a good run with a hot team for 1 month. Next year, i wouldnt be surprised to see him back in the ahl. It just shows you need to look at the big picture and not just stats. Watch the games.

Schwang is offline   Reply With Quote