Old
04-29-2013, 01:47 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
I'd be fine with bringing in Thomas next year if they buy Bryz out. I know hes 39 and took a year off...but he just seems like one of those freaks like Selanne, Jagr, St Louis, etc that just doesnt slow down with age. It sounds like he is highly motivated and if him and Mason can push each other...it could be good.

Vanek is tempting but I dont really see the need to trade for him with our other needs. Homer did say he wants to add size though, so it would not surprise me at all if one of Vanek, Clowe, Ryan, or Horton end up here next year.

Briere+Read+2nd+Akeson or something is about the most id give up for Vanek...and that wouldnt get it done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
T.Thomas + Mason next year would be an amazing combo for us.

godam i hope that rumor has some basis in fact.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Well since the season is over I figured we could bring this thread back up.

The season has been over what? 48 hours now and two rumors have popped up. Tim Thomas wanting to come here and now again with Vanek. Going to be an interesting off season, like always.
100% absolutely no interest in Tim Thomas. Not as a backup. Not as a starter. Will be 40 next year. Hasn't played hockey in a year because he didn't feel like it. If you want to take a risk on a goalie, at least go with someone that isn't a head case.

I did like his moustache though...