Thread: Claude Julien
View Single Post
Old
04-29-2013, 01:29 PM
Fenian24

vCash: 500
I have been hot and cold with Clode since he came here. I like the fact that he likes tough hockey but it drives me crazy to see guys like Seguin not turned loose and Hamilton being sat while Johnny Boychuk looks like a human turnstile.

Saturday night is the reason I would let Claude go. I cannot believe that 18 guys got together without the coach around and all said "hey, let's stop forechecking, which has been working great so far, and just sit back and let the Caps come at us with a two goal lead, that should work out well huh?". Claude has had them go into a shell in the third period with a lead ever since they lost to Pittsburgh in the third.

I don't just blame Julien, I think there are some major issues here that need to be looked at over the summer. I would start by moving (or buying out if needed) Boychuk and Peverley, think long and hard about moving Lucic, not just as a throw away but as the piece that gets you a number 1 or 2 puck moving defenseman. For a team built on character and grit they have shown very little of it this year, time to shake things up.

Oh and needless to say whatever happens in the playoffs Geoff Ward should be fired, awful power play and now a leaky penalty kill.