View Single Post
Old
04-29-2013, 02:59 PM
SnowblindNYR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
Must be nice to hear that about yourself from someone like Torts. For me personally, that tough love stuff really does work with bosses, mentors etc. It's not for everybody, but for some people, getting a sincere compliment from someone who is real stingy with them can provide a huge confidence boost. Let's hope that this praise lights a fire under Step.
Not to get OT, but psychologists say that negative reinforcement doesn't work, or at least not as well as positive reinforcement. I question that because of how many coaches use it. However, it onl works for SOME people. I've experienced this recently in my own life. I have had people yell at me and criticize me (negative reinforcement) because they wanted me to change. Recently I've had the opposite, some people, friends praising me, and I have really improved as a person. I'm the type of person that if you yell at me and tell me how much I suck, I will start believe and acting like I suck. But if you tell me, hey snowblind, you're a cool guy, I think, maybe I am, and act accordingly. I REALLY hope that Kreider is not that type of person.