View Single Post
Old
12-31-2003, 07:20 PM
HCH

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
Well the game just ended. 3-1 loss. The Roadrunners played the best game I ever saw them play.

A few thoughts I had while watching this game:

1- I'm so glad Traverse is not in the NHL anymore, but that's still not enough.

2- We're seeing a talentless Bouillon spill his heart and guts out in Montreal only to make costly mistakes after costly mistakes

3- Dykhuis... Again, a case of the coaching staff prefering relying on experience. I remember somebody saying at the begining of the dogs' season he was by far their best Dman. Well it's no longer the case, if it ever was. The guy takes bad decisions and lacks creativity. Hainsey and also Beauchemin for his physical dimension are leaps and bounds over him in my depth chart.

4- If you ask me to choose, for the future of the Habs, a 1-2 punch for the second line, between Ribeiro/Dagenais and Plekanec/Balej, I'll answer, to the disatisfaction of some here, the latter choice.
I agree completely with everything but the comment about Bouillon. He doesn't make any more mistakes than any other defenseman and I saw Hainsey make at least two brutal give-aways to AHL opposition. I would like to see Hainsey eliminate those from his game because it is all that seems to be holding him back.

Pleks and Balej look great.