View Single Post
Old
09-14-2006, 01:25 PM
technophile

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to technophile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino 14 View Post
Regardless of what you have been told, it is clearly spelled out in the video how USAH will handle a stick lift.
Give me a minute:second mark to look at that directly says that lifting the stick is OK, with no reference to playing the puck or puck possession.

Obviously there aren't any changes regarding whether lifting the stick away from the play is a penalty; it's always been a penalty. The changes this year are not rule changes, they're enforcement changes.

Quote:
In case anyone wonders why refs don't feel compelled to explain penalties, this is why. Even with the information spelled out, there is always someone who was told different and it leads to arguements.
I love how you assume that just because I'm willing to argue about this off-ice, that I'd similarly argue with a ref in the middle of a game. I wouldn't, although I might ask politely for clarification afterwards if I got a chance. But thanks for reinforcing the "arrogant ref" stereotype!

Quote:
Suffice it to say, I will be calling the penalties per the video and clinic, regardless of what some may have heard.
Nor would I expect you to do any differently. I'm trying to understand what the actual rules are, both in my league and in USAH in general, and I'm getting conflicting information. Should I believe you because you're some guy on the Internet who keeps saying "I'm a ref and I'm right"?

technophile is offline   Reply With Quote