View Single Post
Old
04-29-2013, 05:08 PM
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings

vCash: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
The "Hate" for Teebow comes from the fact he's a TERRIBLE football player, but people over look that VERY Obvious fact because of something something Jesus something.

The guy is a TERRIBLE Football player, but is held up like he's some kind of legend in his own time, it gets VERY OLD, VERY FAST.

I can only imagine how he'll be preceived in 10, 20 or 30 years. They'll probably start a movement to get him into the HOF because he's the "legend that was over looked by everyone"

He needs to go away.
You nailed it.

I grew up in an evangelical church and saw the heavy marketing and latching on to Christian pro athletes in the USA. Players like Tebow become recruitment tools and shining beacons for churches looking to boost their numbers. They endlessly promote openly Christian athletes for the benefit of marketing the religion and its products.

Normally, people wouldn't care too much, but when it turns professional football into a circus, people have a right to get pissed off. You don't enjoy having your pasttime being hijacked for someone else's benefit.

Religion has a huge place in football, and I completely respect that. Religious players need the praying and fellowship and whatnot to play at 100%. But I think they're even a little annoyed with the Tebow garbage.