View Single Post
Old
12-31-2003, 07:09 PM
Thomas

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Thomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnbuckle
It would be grat if having a propensity to "pinch in" on the play made you a great defenceman, but alas, there's a bit more to the position than that.

I was also one of the apparently few observers who noticed Hainsey cough up the puck on at least two occasions worse than Brisebois does on a bad day, and am not ready to aanoint him with an NHL position just because he shows offensive aggressiveness at the AHL level.
Bouillon makes several mistakes at the NHL level but hes still playing. His useless penalty tonight resulted in the Stars lone goal, if that was Rivet I bet there would be a different atmosphere around here. Yes theres more to pinching in, but without Koivu right now our offense is lacking. Hainsey plays 25+ minutes down there and will of course make a few mistakes, but playing 12-14 minutes on the Habs with 2nd unit PP time I dont think it would hurt more than help. He wasnt much worse defensively than Bouillon for his first few games, having a +3 rating, while Bouillon is a -6.