View Single Post
Old
04-29-2013, 09:12 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelsLike93 View Post
Pj Stock and Elliott Friedman predict Sens in 6, Glenn Healy says Habs in 5, Kevin Weekes says Habs in 6.

Glenn Healy talked about how Price hasn't lost to Ottawa this year and has a 1.50 gaa vs them. Goes on to say how Ottawa will have a hard time providing goal support for Anderson. Elliott Friedman talks about how that is irrelevant because that was without Karlsson.

The only opinion I care about of those 4 guys is Friedman, seems to be the most knowledgeable to me.
Adding Karlsson is big for the Sens, no doubt about it, but I feel some people put way too much stock on it.
It's as if he's this offensive superstar up front. People talk about him as if he's Crosby.
He had a great season last year for the Sens, but the offensive leader of that team was Spezza, not Karlsson. Up front, they only had four guys with 10g+ (two of them only scored 10, one of 11, and another of 12). That's very low production and speaks to their rather weak scoring depth up front.
Things come PO time can change, but I just don't see how anybody can really pick Sens to win this really. The only acceptable excuse would be that someone believes Price can't perform and so we'll lose because of him. But to say we will lose while on top of our game because Ottawa with Karlsson is just too strong for us is quite the stretch..

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote