View Single Post
Old
04-29-2013, 08:25 PM
gudzilla

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Does it matter? We have the chance to add a #1 center, something we have never had. I still like my proposal the best, which is to have a line of:

Bergenheim - MacKinnon - Huberdeau

Bergy is exactly the type of gritty forward you want playing with two guys like Mac and Huby. He will fight in the corners, and crash the net hard, something you will need to compliment two younger players. You could go with someone like Kopecky there as well, but I just think Bergy is the perfect fit for those two, until one of our prospects are ready to step in later on.

As for Steeger and Flash, if Weiss is not going to be re-signed, and we arent going to add another center in free agency or via a trade, then Id like to see Matty play the second line center. He gives the line more size and strength, and has shown that he has enough skill to hang with our more talented forwards.

Bergy - Mac - Huberdeau
Flash - Matty - Steeger
Kopecky - Goc - Upshall/Howden

That is how I would go with the top nine (that is without signings/trades/buyouts). And like I said in the other thread, the Mac and Huby combo will be our top line of the future, but it doesnt have to be next season. All those lines would get similar ice time, so its not like there would be a clear cut top line, yet. Later on, you can plug in Bjugstad on the 2nd line, and move Matthias to the 3rd, and/or have guys like Shore and Trocheck battle it out.
what about mueller? 3rd line instead of upshall/howden unless upshall steps up big? let howden develop in ahl play top minutes

gudzilla is offline   Reply With Quote