View Single Post
Old
04-29-2013, 08:37 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
Yeah, it's totally reasonable to expect excellence of our goalie. Just as long as we're reasonable about our definition of excellence. Price ain't gonna stop everything, some pucks are going to go past him, just as they did Thomas, Quick, and everyone else. The kind of excellence I want is what I saw from Price the first half of this season. Shots were fired through traffic that he somehow tracked; players were set up for a perfect shot that he somehow positioned himself to block. Lots of shots we would've forgiven as 'no chance' didn't go in because Price had his pads, body and glove in the right place at the right moment. Price doesn't make many lunging, flailing desperate highlight reel saves because he's usually already there, exactly where the puck's going. That's excellence. If that guy from January through March shows up, we win almost any series.
I'll be more than happy if he plays for us the way he did against Boston. He was freaking awesome. When you get goaltending like that you expect to win. And if you lose, it's certainly not on the goalie.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote