View Single Post
Old
04-29-2013, 09:00 PM
The Macho Man
Fire Cooper

vCash: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip Bayless View Post
I think we hold on to Kucherov to please the other Russian prospects, but I don't see room on this team for both him and Drouin. I'd rather keep Panik and Connolly, other than them and Killorn we don't have much size in our forward group. Malone will probably be the one to go, I'm not sure we could get much for him next year.

Next years lineup could look like:

Purcell - Stamkos - St. Louis
Drouin - Lecavalier - Connolly
Pouliot - xxxxxxx - Killorn
Panik - Pyatt - Crombeen
Thompson

I left the third line center option blank because I would really like Yzerman to go after a solid defensive third line center. One who can win faceoffs, kill powerplays, and shut down opposing centers.

Hedman - Salo
Carle - xxxxx
Gudas - Aulie
Barberio

I think Brewer is the odd man out, and that Carle will stay with us. We need a better puck-moving D. I'd look through trade to add one or two pieces.

Bishop
Lindback
I don't like Purcell with Stammer/Marty. We need a guy that can get pucks. I prefer Killorn up there, to be honest.

I would try to roll three scoring lines, myself. Something along the lines of...

Killorn-Stammer-Marty
Purcell-Vinny-Connolly
Drouin-TJ-Panik
Pouliot-Thompson-Crombeen
Pyatt

TJ is a good defensive center, and it could relieve some pressure on the Vinny line to produce. We'd have to win a lot of high scoring games, but rolling those three lines we could probably do it.