View Single Post
Old
04-29-2013, 09:27 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
As a Jets fan, I doubt it. Too much of a cap hit that its just not worth it. Sitting him on the bench all year is more beneficial to them than cutting him as strange as that sounds. And on top of that, he just may well still be the best option at QB on their roster. He may actually perform better in this offense than he did last year with Sparano's offense (which was an all around cluster ****). Not saying he'll be good, but he may be able to strive for average for all we know. But ultimately he can't be any worse than a guy who hasn't played in two years (Garrard), a late round pick who probably won't be much of anything now or in the future (McElroy), a rookie who probably should not be rushed into the lineup unless he far and away out performs everyone else (Smith), and a training camp body (Matt Simms). No point to cutting him from a football standpoint... and that's scary to say.
I've been of the opinion that this isn't all on Sanchez and his abilities. Is he a great QB? No, but he should be more serviceable then he has been. After those AFC championship games the wheels came off all over the place and he wasn't given a ton to work with. Plus with that circus not shocked he regressed.

It would be in Sanchez's best interest to get the hell out of there, but I do agree with you that it is in the Jet's best interest to keep him as there isn't really any other choice.