View Single Post
Old
04-29-2013, 10:38 PM
Scott04

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
I mean if you really want to go crazy, Sanchez's situation is comparable to Alex Smith a couple years ago when he was a bum who was basically back on a one-year tryout deal because they had no other choice, while Geno's our version of Kaepernick. Problem is SF isn't NY in terms of media and fan insanity. And Rex ain't Harbaugh, though hopefully Morningweg can get through to the QB's.
Pretty much. And even though they started performing better than people had expected, I'm sure the quality of their team was better than that of what the Jets should be this year. There is enough roster turnover that maybe their guys will make more of an impact than anticipated, but I wouldn't be overly optimistic yet. But a good offensive system can go a long way to creating some improvement over what we had last year. If they were even "decent" offensively last year they would have had a couple more wins than they did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoreddy View Post
I've been of the opinion that this isn't all on Sanchez and his abilities. Is he a great QB? No, but he should be more serviceable then he has been. After those AFC championship games the wheels came off all over the place and he wasn't given a ton to work with. Plus with that circus not shocked he regressed.

It would be in Sanchez's best interest to get the hell out of there, but I do agree with you that it is in the Jet's best interest to keep him as there isn't really any other choice.
I'm pretty much in the same boat. Well, for the majority of last season, but I softened my stance late in the year. He had literally nothing to work with most of the season, so teams could drop 8 guys back in pass coverage on every play with no repercussions. Especially considering the Jets couldn't run the ball and the offensive line couldn't stop any kind of pass rush. Any quarterback would have looked worse than they should in that system. He made it worse with terrible ball security and being screwed up mentally (which the team itself is partly to blame with personnel moves and the media circus too). But he's better than what he was. There's no reason he shouldn't be an "average" QB, as that's what he was his first 2 years. He doesn't have to be this bad for the rest of his career. I just don't know if he needs a new place to get his crayons back in the box, or if the right coach/system here can fix him. He probably only has a 1 year trial at doing it here though, so if its not marty mornhinweg, then it will have to be somewhere else obviously.