Old
04-29-2013, 10:38 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
Team ϶(o)ϵ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders View Post
It's not the value that's far off, it's just we have other assets that I think we could move and fill that hole. The one thing we're lacking in our prospects are guys with star player potential. Ton of them are solid top 9 guys, but Drouin is a guy that you can build an offense around. I would be more inclined to trade a Connolly or Purcell or even a Panik or Killorn over Drouin.
Ah, I see. Obviously can't have enough of those guys, but I just assumed a possible one (I personally am not sold on Drouin, but I wasn't sold on Huberdeau either) would be available when you have two of the most talented offensive players in the game (granted one is 37, but he looks like he's got at least 2-3 more years left in him). Your offense isn't really lacking a building block or depth, while your defense definitely needs the depth that this could provide (Daley + Pulock/Ristolainen if you go with a defender). That, and a guy like Pulock or RR might be just what Hedman needs to really get going offensively and show the league just how good of a defender he is.

You guys seem to prefer the approach I like to take, where you almost never move down and address your needs through trades/FA, always going with the BPA in the draft. I definitely get where you guys are coming from. Was simply looking at a trade that addresses both teams' needs, but I can understand why either side would say no as well.

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote