View Single Post
04-29-2013, 11:35 PM
Mr Jiggyfly
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Dimetapppp View Post
I don't disagree with this at all, but I'd love to see evidence of Kennedy blatantly misplaying his man in transition, be it on D or O. The guy knows where to be...Granted, he has hands of stone, but he's tenacious and, for his size, has quite a bit of fight, energy, insert-intangible-quality here.
I've been pointing out his missed assignments all season. There is a reason DB, a man loath to bench vets, finally scratched him and even benched him in a game. You really have to play like complete **** as a vet before DB will bench you.

Look, Bennett is definitely going to make Kennedy expendable, perhaps as soon as this offseason, but if you don't see the value of a guy who knows the system, and is willing to rip the puck (granted, not into the net often) EVERY time he gets it, and is not a defensive or transition liability, there is no argument to reach you.
TK has become a liability at both ends and it is obvious even to people who don't know the game well.

There literally is no argument to defend his play, unless you want to play the "what if" game. As in what if he gets his head out if his ass, could he help thus team? Yea... if if if.

There is no what if with BB. He is playing head and shoulders above TK right now at both ends.

Sure it can be argued that now that we have more shooters, his role is diminished, but you can't fault him for being developed as a shoot-first player...really, with Staal and Cooke (with whom he played most of his career) he was THE option for getting an O-zone freeze to bring in the 1st or 2nd line...and considering how often the aforementioned line had d-zone starts in their heyday, I don't have a problem with that.
I've watched TK from the Hounds up to the NHL. He was one of my favorite prospects and players until he started playing like complete ass. Just because I liked the guy, doesn't mean I turn a blind eye to his poor play.

If you want to make a case for TK over Glass, I can get on board with that. But saying TK deserves to play over BB is blatantly false. The only reason BB will be sitting is because he is a rookie, which is BS, because I can list dozens upon dozens of rookies who played big parts in helping their teams win a SC over the years.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote