View Single Post
Old
04-30-2013, 12:45 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
Because they want to weaken the defense and add almost $4m to the cap in a year when it's going down just to get Ryan in two years early? Ryan doesn't solve any of the Flyer's main problems.
exactly. Bobby Ryan doesn't help this team as it stands right now. Especially what you have to give up to land the guy. Which is a massive overpayment. If you are overpaying in a deal I would rather it be for a defender that can help this team.
Besides isnt Ryan a lock to be a Flyer in the summer of 2015?
As far as the goaltending goes, there really is no easy solution to keep this familiar theme going. Bryzgalov has not played well in the 2 years he has been here. I dont care what he makes. He was brought here to be the number 1 guy and has not got the job done.
That being said I dont trust Mason at all yet. No doubt he played well, but this was basically with very little pressure on him. Next season the pressure will likely be amped up a bit with expectations of returning to the playoffs and everything that comes with it. I dont like Bryz but I am against buying him out without a plan in place to get another goaltender. short or long term.