View Single Post
Old
04-30-2013, 01:11 AM
T-Funk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lay Z Boy GM View Post
Kind of funny how almost everyone here hates the Oilers management, is constantly criticizing them, yet when Whitney hints at his dissatisfaction with management we crucify him.

That being said Whitney should take more responsibility for his play and it would have been best if he just kept his mouth shut. Remember Dustin Penner on his way out? He endured some ****** years with the Oilers but I'd say he left on pretty good terms.

I can see why Whitney would be upset though. The guy gets traded here from Anaheim, gets injured, is stuck on a rebuilding team. Obviously the guy didn't want to be in this situation, and all things considered I think he handled it OK. We should have traded him a while back, basically wasted some of his prime years.
The only thing that wasted Ryan Whitney's prime years was his feet. Would 139 games over three and a half years really be much different anywhere else? Like you said, he should have kept his mouth shut. He also should have played hockey during the lockout instead of riding his BMX around Bahstan while thinking up witty twitter comments.

T-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote