View Single Post
Old
04-30-2013, 02:02 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
I may be in the minority here. But I view last year as Foligno getting a handful of games to see what he brings to the Sabres. THIS year (to me) was his rookie (full) year with the Sabres. So my opinion or comments are based on that mindset.

Foligno had a poor year IMO, but nothing to get bent out of shape about. He's a rookie, i believe he'll improve next season, and the season after that. If he plays a solid north south game which includes banging and a strong forcheck it will benefit his career. Not to mention working on his defense. I can see him develop into a Steve Ott type without the mouth.
I got very bent out of shape, right or wrong, after this year regarding him... Totally, completely, 1000% putting measurables aside, and not looking at points - he was a nonentity with regards to physicality, energy, and the forecheck. That was my big issue with this year. To look disinterested, seemingly because you "proved to belong on the team" is bad when you're so young and haven't earned anything regarding shifts off (games off).

To say he needs to bring back the energy and banging and intensity/tenacity on the forecheck is putting it blandly.

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote