View Single Post
Old
04-30-2013, 04:31 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
My expectations of Foligno weren't that of the run-away scoring forward some vocal few latched onto. Similar to the 90-point Ennis and the point-per-game Stafford, perhaps another lesson in tempering expectations.

That said, I don't think he was as bad as the OP indicates.
the 90pt Ennis is my favorite player ever!!

Curious to know in what aspect or facet of his game you weren't disappointed or overtly underwhelmed? I have trouble finding anything to hang my hat on there....and I tried to comb through to find positives because of how young and inexperienced he was. He just wasn't there for us.

Let me know if you disagree with any of this, or if you think any of it is extreme, exaggerated, or over the top; and if so, why?

• obviously didn't produce statistically, but that didn't bother me
• didn't hit with any regularity until the final four or five games, during which the difference in that type of play versus the first 40gp was painfully obvious
• his forechecking left a lot to be desired, and I don't mean that comparatively to what we saw the season prior, I mean that relative to those that actually did it
• the amount of over handling of the puck drove me nuts... Tried again and again to finesse or dangle his way into the zone and through opponents as opposed to going around me or through hem with physicality
• flat footed way too much, more so in the offensive zone
• had it in his head (appeared to me at least) that he has hands that are capable of stick handling his way out of trouble, which he doesn't
• didn't shoot enough

I'd say the best part of his season was the shift to center and how it allowed him to roam a bit more...once he shifted to the middle, he seemed to rekindle a lot of the things that made him uniquely effective. And he didn't do half bad on the defensive side of that, which is remarkable considering that one of the toughest things in the sport as a whole is to play sound defense as a center, knowing where to be, when to be there, how to track the puck, how to check opponents in our zone in open space (not hit them, keep them in check), etc

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote