View Single Post
04-30-2013, 04:55 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by cishockeyfan View Post
When you say "released" do you mean Coach Ryan informed them they will not have a spot on the team next year, or they have been told they are free to pursue other opportunities if they wish.

If Ryan has asked or told them they wont play for STU next year I can respect Ryan for this, as in he wants to rid the program of former blood or bad habits from the Eagles days. On the other hand I have a hard time picturing this cause of how small STU's roster was last year, and with the announced players that have or may be leaving including graduation, it would seem the Tommies almost have a near impossible amount of recruits to add to just fill out their roster regardless of the talent filling the shoes.
I think they were told to look for other opportunities. Probably because their playing style didn't fit with the coaches.

Coach Ryan will have many skates to fill for sure and it won't be easy. Is he going to get enough talent to do the trick? Probably not but he had a total rebuild to do and he is doing what is needed.

My thoughts are get the best Major Junior talent you can with guys that will go to war with you every night to win. Pick up Jr A. guys that may not have as much talent but have heart like MacDonald, Zandbeek, and Thomas. You won't win every game but the program will benefit moving forward.

STUTOMMIES is offline   Reply With Quote