View Single Post
Old
04-30-2013, 05:29 AM
thomast

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by toewsintangibles View Post
But Tappara doesn't really play like that

Barkov to Nashville would be one of the worst case scenarios. Terrible team philosophy will limit his scoring and that franchise is going nowhere fast
Tappara doesen't play straight foward hockey? The main thing is working as a team. Tight team defense with not induvidualism in their team. I call it "sled dog" hockey(yhteistyö-jääkiekko) where the game is well structured. Tappara plays in finland and because of bigger rink they don't play exactly like that but similar philosophy in both teams. Why you think that team has terrible team philosophy? Preds has been very good in the past years except for this year. Preds haven't just been able to draft any high-end offensive talents other than Radulov who chose to play in europe. Barkov is the guy who blossoms in the enviroment where the team actually have some structure and way to play. Look at team Finland at WJC, that team didn't have any structure Barkov at times looked lost. I think that Barkov is great fit for Preds and vice versa. I think that Barkov is Trotz kind of player. He could move as #1 C quicker than in other teams. You seem to think that Barkov can't play offensive game in nashville? Or Barkov doesen't get high-end linemates to play with?

I've been watching almost all Tappara games from last couple of years. It's hard to compare NA team to european team for sure but Tappara has same mentality as Preds i'm certain of that.