View Single Post
Old
04-30-2013, 06:38 AM
glenngineer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
Do you really think the injuries this year can be compared in any way to last season?? It is not even close- just look at the lineup we were throwing out there the last month of the season.....

And I think you need to look up the definition of mediocre- do some research and look at the Predators on ice performance the past 8 years before this year- Preds have consistently been one of the best teams in the league- not even close to being mediocre.
All depends on your definition of mediocre I guess. What is success? What does one of the best teams in the league mean? Have we been a front runner for the Cup all those years? Nope. Have we sucked like other teams? Nope. I'd say we're a pretty middle of the road team. A team that can surprise anyone on any given night. I'd say we were good enough to steal a series or two along the way. Having made the playoffs 7 out of 8 years previous to this one was nice but at the end of the day, we have nothing to show for it. No division title. Two first round wins. That's it.

I don't think it's as glum as some around here say but I don't think it's all peachy as others say either. We've been good at best but people saying we're mediocre isn't too far off either.

Not sure what needs to change to get us over the hump but something needs to give at some point.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote