View Single Post
Old
04-30-2013, 07:45 AM
FlyersFan61290

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Gervais is a bttom pairing defender. A 6/7 guy. I don't know why people on here expect a 6/7 player to be anything more than a 6/7 player. That's what you get from your 6/7 guy. That is why these guys are 6/7 guys. He's not an all star. He isn't a standout player. Gervais should not get top four minutes. He should not be out there in key situations. But he's fine on the bottom pair. I also wouldn't give those minutes to Gus or Lauridsen at this point in their careers. Maybe one day, but not right now. If Gus is done in the AHL, then make him the last defenseman in the lineup and sit Gervais as #7. If Gus doesn't have to clear waivers I think he should play top pair minutes in the AHL. IIRC for a good part of last season he didn't even look very good at the AHL level. He has shown he can hang in the NHL, but that's about it.
i think most people would agree that Gervais is a fine #7 it just seems that most people disagree with you on Gus. I see Gus as i see Carle (just not as good) which is a complimentary guy that is capable of logging 20 minutes a night with the right partner. If you pair him with grossmann, coburn or kimmo he'll be just fine imo playing quality minutes. the same can't be said for Gervais.

so i wouldn't go as far as saying that Gus is a top 4 but he's certainly capable of playing top 4 minutes with the right partner and in the future if he continues to improve (you can't say that he hasn't from this last yr to this yr) then who knows maybe he'll actually become a top 4 guy.

and i don't know where this he didn't even look good in the AHL stuff is coming from. when he was down there he was easily the team's best overall d-man. the only point at which he struggled was the first few game after returning from injury

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote