View Single Post
Old
04-30-2013, 10:39 AM
Drydenwasthebest

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwise Gagner View Post
The main board sure does, likely for the purpose of bashing us for never winning one and to discredit the "classless" Yakupov.

I sure don't care very much though, we know what we've got in Yak and if a bunch of Gallagher homers think they have the better player overall then I'll be happy to laugh at them later.
Most teams know what you have in Yakupov: a great first line forward who will play hard, fight for the puck, and produce points for years to come. The kind of player any team would love to have.

Most teams know what the Habs have in Gallagher: a great first line forward who will play hard, fight for the puck, and produce points for years to come. The kind of player any team would love to have.

I am guessing certain fans have no clue who the Habs have in Gallagher, though. No worries, if they are laughing at a great player later it will not change anything for us..

As I have said previously, Gallagher, Saad, Yakupov, Huberdeau, and Galchenyuk (my apologies to those supporting brodin, but I honestly have not seen enough of him to comment either way, that is why I did not include him) are all strong candidates and I would not complain if any of them won the Calder. All of them have shown that they can become strong players for their team who can be cheered for years to come. I won't laugh at any of the players who "lose" the Calder, though, because I am more interested in players helping their teams make the playoffs. It is a good reason why Habs "homers" love Gallagher and Galchenyuk so much;they helped us move from last in the East to 2nd in the East with significant contributions throughout the season while playing less time than most of the other guys up for the award. Did any of the other teams' top rookies help their team to be that successful? So, if anyone wants to laugh at Gallagher and Habs fans who love him, enjoy the laughter...and the tee time... I won't laugh at Yakupov if he wins or loses, though, because he is one of a few who played well enough to earn the Calder, should he get it. He will be a great player for the Oilers for years...as long as they do not trade him.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote