View Single Post
Old
04-30-2013, 09:53 AM
dawkins121

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Gervais is a bttom pairing defender. A 6/7 guy. I don't know why people on here expect a 6/7 player to be anything more than a 6/7 player. That's what you get from your 6/7 guy. That is why these guys are 6/7 guys. He's not an all star. He isn't a standout player. Gervais should not get top four minutes. He should not be out there in key situations. But he's fine on the bottom pair. I also wouldn't give those minutes to Gus or Lauridsen at this point in their careers. Maybe one day, but not right now. If Gus is done in the AHL, then make him the last defenseman in the lineup and sit Gervais as #7. If Gus doesn't have to clear waivers I think he should play top pair minutes in the AHL. IIRC for a good part of last season he didn't even look very good at the AHL level. He has shown he can hang in the NHL, but that's about it.
I agree that Gus will probably top out as a 5th or 6th guy but I don't know what you see in Gervais to make you think he's fine on the bottom pair. I think his performance compared to that of Gus and Lauridsen showed that he is clearly a sub replacement level guy. If this was baseball his WAR would be negative. He's terrible is what I'm trying to say. Even if Gus isn't a top 4 guy I would much rather he be getting those minutes just because he is already a better player than Gervais.

dawkins121 is offline   Reply With Quote