View Single Post
Old
04-30-2013, 10:13 AM
Jack de la Hoya

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
Pulock might end up being the best choice for the Flyers. With L. Schenn playing the tough defensive minutes on the right side, any right handed defensemen the Flyers draft will have easier assignments. Pulock from what I have read has a higher offensive upside than Ristolainen, especially with that shot. It's much easier to find defensive defensemen later in the draft, especially left handed guys, so taking the most offensively gifted defenseman early might be the best way to go.
I'm not sure that Pulock has a higher offensive upside than Ristolainen overall. What clear edge does he have on him other than his slap shot?

From what I've read, Ristolainen seems to be a better skater (particularly relative to his size), have a better wrist shot (or at least as good), and a better outlet pass. I think it is safe to say that Ristolainen gets a big edge defensively / physically, and since he's also RH, that shouldn't really come into play.

If Ristolainen somehow slips to 11, I'd be pretty disappointed if we didn't take him. His ceiling and floor are both considerably higher than Pulock, Morrissey, Hagg, etc., and he's a safer projection than Zadorov.

EDIT: That said, I'm not sure that I wouldnt' take Pulock over Zadorov, Morrissey, etc.

Last edited by Jack de la Hoya: 04-30-2013 at 10:37 AM.