Thread: Line Combos: Postseason Lines Discussion
View Single Post
Old
04-30-2013, 10:18 AM
steveg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Oracle View Post
That's not true, he was on the fourth line with Adams. Kennedy and Bennett were alternating on the other wing.
Actually, I think this is GREAT NEWS. Jokinen centering Dupuis and Iginla at practice obviously becomes Crosby with Dupuis and Iginla. So, Jokinen would most likely slot to the 4th line center (and it was said by the Carolina announcers during the Pens/Canes gam -- for what that's worth -- that Jokinen expects to be the 4th line center in the playoffs). So, if at practice you had Adams centering the 4th line, Glass on one side, and Kennedy/Bennett on the other, it would suggest to me that Glass is the odd man out -- and that the only "up in the air" slot is RW (Kennedy/Bennett). I would expect that Kennedy will see some time at 4th line RW, and that Bennett will see some time there, also. Bottom line though is, if our 4th line is comprised of Jokinen most of the time, Adams most of the time, and Bennett at least some of the time, that's more than I ever expected DB would do.

As I think about it, I actually expect Adams to center that line, with Jokinen at one wing, and Bennett/Kennedy on the other. That way, Sid or Geno could be double-shifted (likely Geno, as Sid eases into game shape), meaning that sometimes our 4th line will look like this -- Bennett-Malkin-Jokinen.

Imagine rolling this during a game...

Dupuis-Crosby-Iginla
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Morrow-Sutter-Cooke
Bennett-Malkin-Jokinen

...is that even fair?!

steveg is offline   Reply With Quote