View Single Post
Old
04-30-2013, 10:21 AM
SPG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes88 View Post
Thanks. I'll wait to hear from those.

As a note, though, I should note that there are some serious issues with how this is being implemented. When I first joined this league, I was warned that the rule book was out of date, and should not be totally relied upon. Now, there is an acknowledgement that new GMs should have been told about a rule, but weren't. Indeed, under "Free Agents and Contracts" in the rule book, this one appears nowhere. In fact, it says:

"Teams can re-sign a potential free agent anytime during the season."

Even if I had relied on the unreliable information, I had zero inkling that my planning had to take this never-before-broadcasted rule into consideration.

Assuming is flat out not good enough in a context where the rule book isn't an up-to-date piece of information. because now it has created an unfair playing field where my re-signing and financial strategy would have absolutely been different. I expected better.
That refers to the re-signing of your own players. Brock's post is in regards to undrafted free agents (i.e. college and juniors owned by NHL teams, but not owned by HFNHL teams).

SPG is offline   Reply With Quote