View Single Post
Old
04-30-2013, 10:35 AM
jmelm
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
I don't think you have to read into much to know DB and Shero are unhappy with him.

Shero called out TK for his poor play already this season:

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/stor...-sidney-crosby

He was benched in-game for his poor play and has responded to his coach and GM being unhappy with his play by... Putting up paltry numbers and being a train wreck at both ends.

Every stat shows BB is the better player; every eyeball test shows BB is the better player.

Unfortunately BB is a rookie and TK helped DB win a cup four yrs ago, so its likely he gets to play because "what if", not actually based on his current play.

Ahh, I never did see that quote before. There's no question that BB is the better player, at both ends of the ice, right now. He's also got that kind of game-breaking creativity you want in the playoffs.

Also, I believe where there's smoke there's fire: 3 teams over the last 3 or 4 years, TSN (McKenzie, Dreger, or LeBrun) mentioned on their trade deadline show that certain players were available. 3 years ago they said Max Talbot could be had; last year they said that about Tangradi; and this year they said that about TK. IN each of those first 2 cases, the guys were gone within a year. There's no question the writing is on the wall for TK, though it would be nice if we could extract as much as possible for his rights in a trade.

But with all that said, and with virtually everyone agreeing on here that Bennett should be in the starting line-up over TK and perhaps even some others, I still hope that if TK does get the nod, he can elevate his game for us, because if he keeps playing the way he has been, he's not going to be much help for us at all. He is capable of performing better, so I hope he does just that if he gets the nod. If he doesn't, he'll be on a short leash and find himself in the pressbox pretty quickly, IMO.

jmelm is offline   Reply With Quote