View Single Post
Old
04-30-2013, 10:42 AM
thomast

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by agent082 View Post
Why Selanne and Koivu spend a year after 53 and 58 points season? Selanne played 4 seasons against men and Koivu 3. Barkov can learn to be the best guy in the league. I think it would be good for him to dominate FEL and be 1st line center in next year WCH.

Don't get me wrong. I think there is a good chance he is pretty good in NHL next year but I feel it's good for his career to be superstar one year before going to NHL.
Different players has different developement in different enviroment. Selšnne played in junior league for long time and Saku started his FEL career at 17 or 18 year old. They both dominated the junior league before they stepped into next level and it paid out. It's clear that Barkov has developed better in tougher competition. He wasn't top players in U20 league like selšnne or Koivu were but was able to step up into FEL as 16 year old. That worried me that it would kill his developement because he plays in FEL as 16 year old. Why not play u20 league and dominate it and be superstar in that league before stepping up. I was worried if he ever had a chance to be superstar player in FEL aswell. But he proved me wrong. He gained superstar status in FEL and it was clear that it was right decision to play FEL as 16 year old. It paid off in every way.

I feel same about his developement for the NHL. Barkov is kind of player that he developes better in tougher competition. His past developement have proved it. I don't believe that he is kind of player who makes many rookie mistakes and hurts his team in sake of his developement. I think he's ready for the smaller role in the NHL. #3 C in nashville with maybe PP time but more about shutting down opposite players and playing solid PK but wouldn't be suprised if he takes over the 2nd C role in the second half of the season.