View Single Post
Old
04-30-2013, 10:56 AM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
For those who have seen Pulock--what is a good player comparison? I've read that his offensive game is somewhat reminiscent of Shea Weber (obviously without the exceptional defensive play and physical presence)--a booming shot, a decent outlet pass, above average (but not elite) puck distribution on the powerplay, etc. Is that about right?

Also, the kid seems fairly sturdy at 6'1, 211 or so. How far away does he seem? Given his offensive game, he seems perhaps better suited to slip in to a #6 / 2nd PP unit role sooner than later.
I have seen him play probably around 10-15 times this year. It was early in the year when he was playing exceptional hockey. Comparisons annoy me but I compare him to Ryan Suter. People were comparing him to Karlsson and I don't see that. He didn't join the rush like Karlsson did/does. He doesn't have that type of offensive potential IMO. Shea Weber is a tough comparison because the guy is an outright stud.

His shot is 100 MPH and he does have a good outlet pass. He sees the ice very well. He has good hockey sense. He is a physical player as well. His defense could use work, but every young defender needs to work on it. He is a natural leader(captain) and work horse. I love his offensive potential, and that shot would be a welcomed asset on our back end. I would like to see him play one more year for the Wheat Kings next year and move into a spot the following year. He has the body to play in the NHL, I just would hope if they take him, they send him back one more year. He needs it like almost all young defenders. Handle him like teams have handles Piety and Weber. Let him grow and develop so he is ready to step right into a serious top 4 role.

I like Pulock more than Zadorov.