View Single Post
Old
04-30-2013, 12:43 PM
Drydenwasthebest

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleed_oil View Post
Are you comparing the offensive abilities of Gallagher and Yak? These guys are in difference universes as far as offensive tools are concerned. One guy is the Pavel Bure part 2 the other is an undersized young Ryan Smyth.
Lets see how well that comparison stands in 5 years time.
You ever notice when I point out the realities of right now I keep getting told about what is going to happen in the future? Right NOW, Gallagher and Yakupov are comparable. Right NOW, Yakupov and Gallagher had very similar point production at the NHL level, even though Gallagher played less minutes per game. Right NOW, the two are very close and either one is a fair and respectable candidate for the Calder. So, YES, I am comparing the offensive capabilities of Gallagher and Yakupov because it is what you do when trying to determine who will win the Calder right NOW. I will also recognize that point production is not the ONLY determining factor for the Calder, but is a significant one. Overall play, both defensive and offensive, impact on the player's team, leadership skills, character, etc...there are many factors that go into determining who should win the Calder. I would have no problem with either Yakupov or Gallagher winning the Calder as both are good enough to deserve it right NOW.

I will let time, and you young seers, determine who will be better in the future.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote