View Single Post
Old
04-30-2013, 12:09 PM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-phil...s-remain-flyer

Quote:
The league’s salary cap goes down to $64.3 million next year, from $70.4 million this season. Right now, the Flyers have exactly $0 free under the cap; something’s got to give.

Briere, though he knows there’s a very big chance to the contrary, doesn’t want the casualty to be him.

“I hope not,” he said, at Sunday’s team break-up day. “At this point, it’s out of my control. We’ll see what happens, but I certainly hope I’ll still be here.”......

As of Sunday, Briere said he had not been approached by general manager Paul Holmgren about the possibility of waiving his no-movement clause. While so much focus has been on whether the Flyers might use one of their two amnesties on him, it’s entirely possible they could attempt to trade him to a team with cap space and a need for leadership. There are more than a few of those.

Briere didn’t say he’d refuse to be traded; he just made it very clear he’d prefer to stay in Philadelphia.

“I’ve said it all along: My family’s here, my kids are here,” Briere said. “This is my first choice, this is where I want to be. But I understand it’s a business, so we’ll see happens with that. My first goal is to be here.”
I said it before, try and trade him first to save one of the buyouts. If he refuses to go, then buy him out. You don't know until you try, so we should try to see what teams would like his veteran presence at the cost of his contract. Buffalo rings a bell. Florida/Edmonton and similar teams like that seem like somewhat good fits. Maybe even Nashivlle.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote