View Single Post
Old
04-30-2013, 12:16 PM
PumpkinBomb

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
I think the word domination gets tossed around pretty loosely around here.

The shots were evenish. Play was pretty even.

Quite a bit of back and forth flow, nothing like the other games.

Refs stayed away from becoming the show.

I actually thought Calgary carried the play in the 3rd. Edmonton had more chances in OT.

You could say Edmonton had the slight edge in play, but I didn't see domination. Only domination I've seen this series was game 2 (if that was the penalty filled game) and it was mostly pp domination in the 3rd.

Game 6 was by far the most even game of the series. Hard to tell though on this board lots of Edmonton fans.

I'm actually rooting for Exmonton. Would love to see a rematch. Too bad Reinhart might possible miss it if they get there.

I think a lot of people assume Edmonton is dominating games because they come out very strong and have finished strong in games, even in the OT losses.

But you're right in that from the last 5 minutes of the 1st until the last 10 of the 3rd Calgary usually has the edge.

In the first period of Game 6, Edmonton was winning every race to the puck. Calgary couldn't even dump it in. The second period on I was so nervous every time Calgary got the puck because they were playing so hard. They outworked the Oil Kings in the 3rd. In OT the Oil kings really came out flying. Tons of chances, but Calgary did a good job of collapsing on the plays and then forced the Edm D deep into the zone, and then Calgary forechecked hard and put it to bed.

PumpkinBomb is offline   Reply With Quote