vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
So if NY adds a D?

M. Staal + Girardi
for
Canes 2013, Skinner + Faulk

-------------

Canes get an extra starting D, plus the buzz of Staal reunification, Marc S + DG a top paired L-R shutdown duo.

Rangers get pick, potential on Faulk replacement, and swap two vet salaries they would eventually have to unload for Skinner, who had an off year, but while not sniper, has scoring knack history; and while a short term option at C, might fit as a scoring W if guys like Lindberg/Haley step up.

Rangers D would lose an extra D including a righty, but it is an investment
immediate 6
McDonagh Faulk
Del Zotto Stralman
Moore McIlrath

Alternatively, Skinner with his demonstrated scoring is desired kind of piece one can unload, presumably for an upgrade rather than lateral with picks for cap mgmt. For example, maybe
Hagelin + Skinner + X
for
E Kane + Postma + Y
No way teh Rangers consider dealing BOTH Girardi and Staal in the same trade.

You can hypothesize all you want, it will never happen.

Additionally, the Canes are not trading both Faulk and Skinner in the same deal as well.

And it's going to take a sweet-heart of a deal for the Canes to move that 5th overall selection as well.

I would be very hesitant to move that pick for an oft injured Staal regardless of the bloodlines.

Hockey decisions need to be made here and when healthy, Staal is a great player to have....when healthy.

If I am Carolina, I'm offering no more than Murphy and the 1st.

Keeping the roster guys and adding Staal (who would be more than likely to sign an extension with the Canes) would be a quicker way to getting back to the PO's especially considering the divisional set up starting next season.

Carolina improves their current roster, Rangers get weaker short term while re-couping the 1st lost in the Nash trade, and improve an organizational weakness behind McIlrath and Skjei.

but trading both Staal and Girardi would ensure a last place finish.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote