View Single Post
Old
04-30-2013, 12:23 PM
dawkins121

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Gervais is not terrible. He is a 6/7 defender. This is what 6/7 defenders look like. He is not a good player, which is why he is a 6/7 defender. But he can play on the bottom pair and not be completely lost. Yes, he makes mistakes and can be caught out of position. Just like Gus. But he hasn't been 100% across the board awful. I wasn't holding my breath every time he was on the ice. He is just like 90% of the rest of the league's #6/7. And Gus hasn't been 100% awful either. But he hasn't been 100% good. He has played, for the most part, on the same level as Gervais.
Flyers bottom pairing defenders have gotten a lot of flak over the years outside of the one Meszaros-ODonnell season, but Gervais is down there with the lowest of them. I guess you have steelier nerves than I do because I definitely was holding my breath every time he was on the ice, and all too often I would exhale in a depressed sigh as Gervais panic-shot a clearing attempt at a charging forechecker's shin pads starting a sequence that ended with the puck in the net. There are 6/7 d-men and then there are guys that shouldn't be in the league, Gervais strikes me as the latter.

dawkins121 is offline   Reply With Quote