View Single Post
Old
04-30-2013, 12:46 PM
JetsHomer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
This. Pulock's skating last season was an absolutely liability, but I saw more than enough games this season where Pulock's skating was a complete non-issue. Sometimes guys just get this stigma attached to them that lingers after they address the deficiency.

I've beat the drum enough for Ryan Pulock though. He's going to be an an excellent contributor at the NHL level and is already more polished in certain areas of his game than guys likely to be taken higher.

The Ryan Suter comparison was a pretty excellent choice.
Ive seen him live a few times, he's pretty underrated I think. People say "he doesn't have much besides his slapshot" id disagree with that. He doesn't have any skills as good as his shot, but he has no glaring holes. He's a safe defender that is decently good at skating. Passing skills are underrated too. People forget how bad his team was. He ended up -12 and his team was like -100. They were terrible.

Craig Button compared to Al Macinnis, which works for me. He's not as good obviously, but similar styles. Pulock to me has a very high floor. He will be an NHLer. Probably a top 4 guy. I think his ceiling is more of a #2 D though. I don't see him being able to take over a game the way that #1D do. He'll be a very good complimentary piece. When he makes the NHL as a rookie he'll have a top 10 shot for Dmen. I could see him getting 15-20 goals per season in his prime. His slapper is very accurate too