View Single Post
Old
04-30-2013, 01:46 PM
CupofOil
Visually, we suck.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexttothemoon View Post
What the hell's all the rage about Brodin? He wasn't even best performing rookie dman... never mind best rookie.

Wiercioch, Muzzin, Hamilton and our very own Justin Schultz were all better... yep even Justin Schultz. It's not all about +/- and time on ice.

Who will win it?

Should be Galchenyuk. Seems to have the best production for the ice time he was given... and he's a high profile Eastern-based player so it's an even bigger plus for him.
Completely wrong.
I'm flabbergasted at all the Brodin underrating around here.
Who cares if he was paired with Suter, the kid earned his way onto the top pairing. He was excellent even before being paired with Suter and earned his promotion. I would say that Suter benefitted playing with Brodin almost as much as Brodin benefitted from Suter. I saw enough of him to judge that he was great this season, MUCH better than Schultz and deserves to be nominated for the Calder IMO.
I'm sure that the Calder voters look at more than just a statline to determine how well the rookies played.
With that being said, if Yakupov isn't at least nominated, it would be a travesty especially if Huberdeau is in the top 3 and not Yakupov.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote