Old
04-30-2013, 01:48 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Gervais is a bttom pairing defender. A 6/7 guy. I don't know why people on here expect a 6/7 player to be anything more than a 6/7 player. That's what you get from your 6/7 guy. That is why these guys are 6/7 guys. He's not an all star. He isn't a standout player. Gervais should not get top four minutes. He should not be out there in key situations. But he's fine on the bottom pair. I also wouldn't give those minutes to Gus or Lauridsen at this point in their careers. Maybe one day, but not right now. If Gus is done in the AHL, then make him the last defenseman in the lineup and sit Gervais as #7. If Gus doesn't have to clear waivers I think he should play top pair minutes in the AHL. IIRC for a good part of last season he didn't even look very good at the AHL level. He has shown he can hang in the NHL, but that's about it.
Yeah, but Gus has been better and still has room to improve. So why go with Gervais instead of Gus? Gervais has been awful. I can think of no reason at all to play Gervais over Gus from this point on.