Old
04-30-2013, 01:53 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock Anton View Post
Drouin ain't dropping. Barkov, maybe, but I don't see it.
I don't see Drouin going to Carolina, but the possibility of Tampa going with Monahan or Nashville going with Monahan certainly will be a consideration for both clubs. Tampa has a glut of talented and undersized prospects, thus how expendable Conacher was made. They also have an elite level prospect that plays one end of the rink in Brett Connolly and Stamkos will never be known for his three zone game. While on pure talent, the pick is clearly Drouin, it will be a strong battle of BPA against organizational need for Yzerman who has been unafraid to make his own evaluations about players. If Carolina was interested in moving up, Tampa Bay is who I would have on the line. That team is like Edmonton in a lot of ways with too much youth kicking the door down and players on the down turn of their career by all logical standards holding roster spots.

Nashville needs to draft a pick that will play in the NHL, IMO. Quite a bit of pressure on a team that has historically used entry level players to traverse the gap between more cash strapped teams.

Vagrant is online now   Reply With Quote